Anyone using a Worm Factory 360?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe n TN

Reaction score
If not one of those, anyone using any type of indoor worm bin? I ask because I wanted to know if you ever had any problems feeding the bin with fresh rabbit berries? Thanks,

Joe

My bin was home made and here in Ga I evetually did away with the indoor type and continue raising worms outside all year.
I soak rabbit berries in just enough water for the berries to soak it up then cover so they don't dry out let it sit for a week or 2 before giving it to the worms because once its soaked it tends to heat up. I killed some worms one time adding it too soon. My worms won't eat them if the berries dry out. Soaked slightly aged berries get eaten very fast! Hope this helps :)

Hey Joe, I have a couple of worm bins in my basement and I don't recall if I found it here or elsewhere but I just take an ice cream pail or any bucket and soak the berries for a few hours. Then strain the water off and add directly to the worm bin. No problems so far. Well except 1. I've found if I don't bury them well enough I'll see a light fuzz of mold growing. Buried completely no problem.

My bins are just the 10 gallon I think it is totes. Stacked 2 high with a dozen or so drain holes drilled in the bottom of the top tote. Much cheaper than a commercial worm bin.

I can't do all of my berries this way but between the bins and what I'm saving for my uncle's garden I'm getting rid of my waste. I suppose if I bought another 2-3 sets of bins, or maybe fed more aggressively, I could probably do all of mine. I tend to underfeed than overfeed the worms though as I don't want rabbit feces rotting in bins in the basement lol

And I just wanted to add there is no noxious smell at all, but a very nice earthy scent.

Latest posts

Back