Register

Rabbit Manure

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,810.00

Re: Rabbit Manure

Post Number:#31  Unread postby Oceanrose » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 pm

You know, since we're going into winter, and there's time for a little experimenting, I think if I was going to sell this at a farmers market, over the winter I would set up 2 pots of plants. Maybe herb plants. In one water with regular water, in the other, use 'bunny tea' by the time the farmers market rolls around, you should have 2 plants that are markedly different in size and health. Nothing speaks better than having a living example right there.

I wouldn't think the sun would hurt, but if you can drain the urine away, it's pretty dry to begin with. so not sure how much it would need that step.

Larger amounts would be good to sell people who want to amend their garden soil.
Oceanside Angoras ~
Satin Angoras and English Angoras for show and fiber
http://www.oceansideangoras.com

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,551.00

Post Number:#32  Unread postby garden lady » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Oceanrose wrote:You know, since we're going into winter, and there's time for a little experimenting, I think if I was going to sell this at a farmers market, over the winter I would set up 2 pots of plants. Maybe herb plants. In one water with regular water, in the other, use 'bunny tea' by the time the farmers market rolls around, you should have 2 plants that are markedly different in size and health. Nothing speaks better than having a living example right there.

I wouldn't think the sun would hurt, but if you can drain the urine away, it's pretty dry to begin with. so not sure how much it would need that step.

Larger amounts would be good to sell people who want to amend their garden soil.

I think this is a great idea. Just for what it is worth, I had bought some worm castings and mixed with my potting soil. The plants that had the worm castings had more roots and a dark green color. I planted a 4 x 10 box in the spring in a new area. I bought some compost, topsoil and had some cow manure. I planted beets, lettuce, carrots and some swiss chard. The lettuce looked okay, the swiss chard started getting brown on the leaves, the carrots were growing slow and the beets were growing, but had brown on the leaves bad. I was going to pull it all up, but decided to put the worm castings in the box. I cut all the swiss chard down and decided if the new leaves had brown then I would pull everying out of the box. This was really early spring and kind of just let the box go while busy planting the rest of the garden I started noticing the swiss chard was normal looking, the lettuce was the biggest romaine I ever grew and was the best I ever ate. The carrots were really thick and I started thinning and they were really nice, but the beets got huge. I pickled a bunch of them and roasted some. I cannot afford to buy worm castings, so now I am interested in the rabbit manure to see what it can do, but I think I will raise worms for worm castings and see if we can sell, but if not it will be nice to have. Also, the rabbit manure mixed with leaves should bring worms and if you have worms, then you have worm castings in the garden.

BunnyBucks: 65.00

Post Number:#33  Unread postby SashaMolly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Emily,
I have people here in my neck of the woods, selling it for $5 a gallon. Yes I know it is absurd, but I think I might try it.
Sasha

Previous