finally found my second breeding buck!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
I have been searching on all the classified in my area trying to find a black or blck/white buck to use to breed all i have found is minis or does. well a gal is selling some new zeland bucks and i am getting a black and white one!!!!!!!! for $7 bucks. I am so happy. i will now have 2 black does and one white doe and a whit and black and white buck to breed for meat!!!!

pastelsummer":22cju1qf said:
I have been searching on all the classified in my area trying to find a black or blck/white buck to use to breed all i have found is minis or does. well a gal is selling some new zeland bucks and i am getting a black and white one!!!!!!!! for $7 bucks. I am so happy. i will now have 2 black does and one white doe and a whit and black and white buck to breed for meat!!!!

When you say Black and White Buck,
do you mean a Broken Black Buck?
Dennis, C.V.R.

Sounds like a great find! I hope he can pass some of that along :) I was hoping for some color from Hobbes, a broken black angora buck, when I bred him to a black angora, but what I got was 7 black and 2 white. HOWEVER..I was informed by the genetics savy folks, that when bred BACK to him, or to each other, I'd have a really really great chance of lots of brokens. :D hubba hubba!

hmmm....I wonder if he's belted instead of a broken black? I've seen some crosses that come from that breed that's belted...white with a big band of black around the shoulder/belly area. That's pretty cool, imo.

ok he is mainly white with a black spot on his back and some black polkadots all over his back and sides. he is really cute as soon as i get some pics i will show you. dennis i dont care much about colors on mine just that they look cute/pretty i only breed for meat for my family. So I am not savy on what exactly you mean

Pastelsummer, it sounds as though you find the term "broken" confusing. I did too at first. Basically, a rabbit that is white with spots, splotches or patches of another colour is called broken. The colour (black, brown, red or whatever) is broken up by the white parts. So your new buck would be a broken black.

Latest posts

Back