Himalayan

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
Soooo, I think their ugly. And small. And good for dog food, maybe. What are the good points to this breed? anyone in love with them? Why? Please, I really do want to like this new doe I have. I'm having a hard time finding reasons too, lol.

I know absolutely nothing about the breed and have never seen them in my area, but there is a breeder in Arizona named Erin that raises Himi's and here is a reply to an inquiry about the breed with the criteria for what the original person that asked about them was looking for:

"friendly, doesn't mind being held
Himmies are possibly the only breed that you can sling over your arm and not get a fight. You can carry them like a cat. Pick them up like a cat. As long as they know you and are comfortable with you, you've generally got a breed who does not care what you do to it.

generally loves everyone
My Jack will not eat his pellets without a head rub. These aren't rabbits that sulk in the back of their cages all day. They want attention. When I had mini lops, I found myself getting bored, simply because they did NOTHING. ALL DAY. Himalayans are friendly rabbits in general and really seek attention.

not overly popular, yet not super, super rare
With Himmies, it depends on where you live. I've heard people tell me they've never seen one in person. I've also heard people tell me there are lots in their area. On a general level, you can find them in any area, but they aren't so popular that it's impossible to win, like is the case with several of the smaller, cutesy breeds.

no angora types
Check. Fur is flyback and requires little to no grooming whatsoever.

preferably no lops (maybe some exceptions)
Check again. I won't lie. I've never met a lop with a real personality. Some people see that as friendly/sweet/cuddly. I see it as kinda boring. :lol: To each their own, I suppose.

easy going
Yup yup yup! They're not high strung, like a full arch breed, nor are they lumps, like some other breeds. They definitely have a laid back, easy going personality"

Hope this helps,

Lauren

I love the breed I am getting an awsome trio soon. I love a sweet they are. Kids use the in showmanship and do awsome. I just love how they come running to the cage to get pets and kisses. I just think they are a wonderful pet, fun show bunny and showmanship for the kids.

If she turns out like that, I may end up keeping her so caelin can have a sweet little pet. Ive been on the look out for a cuddly rabbit. I think, with time, (and maybe a couple more of the rabbits, so she doesnt stick out so glaringly) I could get over my wanting to turn her into a commercial type, lol. She just sticks out like a sore thumb around here, lol.

I am getting 2 lilac does and a chocolate buck. I can not wait then I wasnt to get a black buck and 2 blue does. Me and my daughter is going to work on himmis. I just love them. We also have 2 shows for onlu himi this month. I hope they grow on you so you can enjoy such a nice little bunny.

Latest posts

Back