Bertha thinks she is a dog.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggysbabysitter

Reaction score
Bertha the baby flemish is doing well after her rough start (GI problems), but now is slowly gaining weight, by the end of the weekend I probably won't see the ridge of her backbone anymore! She was being closely watched by my hubbys miniature poodle, and now believes she is a dog. She comes running to the door when Cloe and Dino greet the kids and hubby, she goes to the back door and scratches to be let out, and goes out whenever the dogs go outside. She's been able to run around a lot, and since Cloe is rarely far behind it's easy to spot where she is. When Dino settles down for a nap, Bertha stops hopping around. She's not hiding so much now, she's laying in the middle of the floor, just like the dogs. And constantly underfoot, weaving around and between legs. We're working on having her come when called, it only works about half the time, and only in the house. We need to work on litter training, the constant vaccuuming is driving me crazy. She has no fear of Natalie the iguana, so she's a bit braver than the dogs :)

Glad to hear she's doing so much better. You will likely be able to train her to pee in her litter box, but most rabbits will still drop some "bunny berries" around the house. I've always heard that this is how they mark their territory. Of course, if she really thinks she is a dog... :shrug:

As they age, they get cleaner, as well. Easier to train, from my own experience as well as everything I've read online.

Good for her doing well. I am glad she pulled out of it. Glad she made freinds with the dogs, too. :p

Cloe (the poodle)seems to enjoy "bunny berries". Dino (the newfie/collie) has this look of "Cloe, are you sure this is food?" as he rolled it around his mouth, then spit it out, Cloe came over and took it, so he found another and picked it up... "Well, if you say so, Cloe. It's not very good." *shudder*
If she poops this much now (she's only about 2 pounds), I'd hate to think how much she'll poop out at 15 pounds or more. I may have the happiest garden on the block, but hubby will not be pleased :O
My zuchinis were dieing off a few weeks ago... with cage cleanings being dumped on them, they are back in full bloom, creeping across my yard, with tons more coming XD. Thank-you bunnies!

They will train to a litter box in their cage pretty easily....of course they have to spend some time in the cage to learn. Heh, watch out for your lamp and and other power cords... they love to chew on them. :?

Well, hubby's had it with the bunny berries. I didn't get them all vaccuumed up before he got home from work... so he banished Bertha to her kennel. But I'm moving things around, and making a safe room for her in the laundry room. So far there is a big comfy chair for us to snuggle in, an old ikea side table turned into a nest box full of hay, her litter box, and soon, a clean kennel. And a baby gate to hold her in. It needs to be done anyway, all 3 buns will end up down there when it gets too cold this winter (not for the buns, for me :O)

Latest posts

Back