Where to buy cages...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbrologan

Reaction score
I know I've asked this before but since there are so many more members than last time I thought I would ask again. Anyways, I'm wondering where the best place to buy cages is. I'm going to need 6 24x24's. I want to stack them in 3's. So if you could give me your insight it would be great.

Thanks,
Logan

EDIT-I'm 13 and don't have a steady source of income. So, I guess what I'm asking is where the cheapest place to buy rabbit cages is.

cheapest place would be craigslist or kijiji.

Find someone who is going out of business and get their cages.

Ask around at farm auctions and what not.

Make your own. It's even cheaper than buying used.

You could *maybe* get 6 out of a 100 foot roll of each kind of wire. It's just time consuming. I made I giant 72 by 24 by 24 for about $40 the other day. That'll turn into 4 tiny holes for my dwarfs. And that's HECKA cheap. (And MUCH cheaper in bulk)<br /><br />__________ Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 pm __________<br /><br />P.S.
Those rolls of wire will run you about $150 total. Up to 200, if you live somewhere weird. It's only about 140 here... And we're usually the MOST expensive place. LOL

So that works out to, what, $15 a hole? Wowzer.

It is hard to find the wire you need locally anymore, but you can buy wire or cages from Bass (Missouri) Klubertanz (Wisconsin, I think) and K & W (California) shipping does make a difference. Even though I live in Missouri, I prefer Klubertanz. If you look on the 2nd page of "the nestbox" the-nestbox-t125-15.html there are some ideas on how I make mine.

Back