Off on a "rabbit run"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Caper Farm

Reaction score
Today I'm off on one of my cross-country tours. Down to Courtland to pick up soap-making supplies, then I'm going to visit my friend in Tillsonburg, and deliver a Harlequin buck to him (tradesies - I got one from him a while ago) as well as some dressed rabbits I owe him. Then I go pick up a new Lionhead doe - a blue-eyed harlequin! :D She's just around the corner from my friend's place, so it all works out.

Too cold to do much else today, anyway.

I was on a rabbit run today too! Dropped off three rabbits, and picked one up (by the way, I love Scarlett, Annette! I hope you like the Polish buck)

Trivia time...Did you know that the USDA (sorry..can't find the definitions for the Canada version) officially defines the person who picks up and delivers rabbits for processors like Pel-freeze as "bunny runner"? :D yes, it's true!! BUNNY runner.

gotta love the official definitions :D

Interesting... I just got back from a bunny run down to Copetown. Delivered 4 rabbits to a 4H-er and a NZ doe to another family. Must be that kind of day :)

yeah!!!!! She likes my Scarlett! :) okay...now I have to think of her as YOUR Scarlett. Let her get to know and she'll follow you around.

I just got back from a feed run to Guelph, lovely day for a drive! I should have enough feed to last me till spring now, cutting down a bit on the number of bunnies for the winter. IT's just less cages to clean and less frozen water bottles to deal with.

Can't wait until spring....

I scored 5 free pallets today so was a pallet runner ;)

what's scarlett?
I bet the polish buck is darling - they are very sweet rabbits - nearly as nice as JW ;)

I didn't know you had harlequins :)
looking some versatility in your herd?

cool

She's my first Harlequin, I just needed a doe to produce some fryers that I wouldn't be tempted to keep. Since I'm promoting the Bruns I need to sell as many as I can to interested breeders, while keeping some back myself to show.

so you'll mix her with a brun to produce meat bunnies while you build the brun?
that seems logical :)

DevonW":33k16lzc said:
Since I'm promoting the Bruns I need to sell as many as I can to interested breeders

Oooooo, bruns :in_love:

:wall: I do NOT need another breed. I do NOT need another breed. I do NOT need another breed. :wall:

I scored 5 free pallets today so was a pallet runner

That was last night. ;) Stuffed about 30 into my pickup. We've lucked into a fellow who collects them for repair and resale - he was looking for someone to take the rejects. We now have four or five stacks over 7 feet high - nice and cozy this winter! :D I like free heat.

A successful day - beautiful day for a drive, as long as you didn't have to get out of the car for long! :lol: My former supplier of soap-making stuff had the nerve to move up to Huntsville (from Mississauga) so I was pleased to find this place closer to home (and noooo traffic). Then I had a good visit with my friend, dropped off 9 freezer rabbits and his new buck (the Sr. Choc. buck that was at Rockton). Went a couple of concessions south, and picked up my new LH doe. Bright blue eyes!<br /><br />__________ Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 pm __________<br /><br />
moonkitten":13celyrr said:
DevonW":13celyrr said:
Since I'm promoting the Bruns I need to sell as many as I can to interested breeders

Oooooo, bruns :in_love:

:wall: I do NOT need another breed. I do NOT need another breed. I do NOT need another breed. :wall:

No. You don't! :yes: :yes:

:twisted:

Back