Rabbit Laws

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried googling for my town and unfortunately there is a town clerk or someone with the last name "Rabbit" and all I found was stuff he had his name in lol, can't find a thing on it at all otherwise.

I live in New Brunswick Canada; and apparently ( from what the locals tell me & what I've observed ) laws are to be interpreted more as guidelines.
It's quite possibly the closest time I've ever lived in controlled anarchy.

john_francis":3ey6kdcm said:
I live in New Brunswick Canada; and apparently ( from what the locals tell me & what I've observed ) laws are to be interpreted more as guidelines.
It's quite possibly the closest time I've ever lived in controlled anarchy.
LOL i guess its not what you know but WHO you know and whos doing the interpretation :)

Whoa, you don't dare voice any concerns about anything here because everyone is related at least by second cousin once removed to everyone else!

Don't get the wrong idea though. I've grown to love these people and I do mean that sincerely. They've been handed the rough end of the stick for centuries and unlike so many distinct societies that have endured these people don't seem to have the rage.
They've turned it into something else; something primordially beautiful and self contained....in a rough shod way I suppose.

My wife says it's like living in the eighteenth century - only with cell phone technology.

Anyway it is "WHO you know and whos doing the interpretation" in this part of the world.

They tell me, "Do whatever you want...but don't step on anybodies toes."

They're not kidding!

You know, sounds exactly like the town I live in in Ontario! :) My town is one of the oldest communities with 3 distinct societies, that founded it, the french, Metis and English. everyone is related in some way shape or form!

I went to City Hall to make my inquiry after finding nothing online. They said "absolutely no rabbits". I said "what? Not even as a pet? Because this poor little rabbit just gave birth at the SPCA, and I just can't see her being ok with everybody looking in at her all day long." The woman said, oh in that case, be discreet, keep it caged, and don't tell anyone. If the neighbors complain, then the buns would have to go.
I'm disappointed with this location... I can't have a bee hive in town limits, and my buns have to be kept inside :(

Wow, Iggy. I had no idea that Trenton laws were so strict. I can tell you right now that this law is totally ignored... You have only to see the local Kijiji ads to know that. I'd just go ahead with your rabbit plans on a small scale to start and pretend you never made that call. But being discreet is a good idea.

Latest posts

Back