Ol' Faithful

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckinguy

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I put Scarlett in with Adam today. Like usual, they got to work right away and what a dance it was! She went after him more aggressively than usual and probably rode him as much as he rode her. They did the deed four times in nine minutes with hardly any breaks, chasing each other around like a sailor and his girl on shore leave. Adam and Scarlett are two of my first rabbits that I bought from Moonkitten 2 1/2 years ago and have been rock solid reliable since day one. Adam has been with one other doe a couple of times but Scarlett has only ever been with Adam. Every time I have seen Adam fall off at least once, Scarlett has produced a litter. I must say I'm growing very attached to these two! My other rabbits have ben extremely reliable also but these two really take the cake.

Anybody else have a rabbit or two that you can count on?

Hello Truckinguy,
I have a few Bucks that will always get the job doe.
The trick is to check the genital area
prior to placing them together. A Buck seems to always
be ready but a Doe will accept the Buck only if she is
slightly swollen and bright red to purple in color.
I allow the Bucks to service the Doe twice at that one meeting.
There is no need to return the Doe to the Buck hours later,
it serves no purpose. This time could be better spent
allowing the Buck to service another Doe.
Dennis, C.V.R.

I put my does in for four matings or half an hour, whichever happens first. I rarely reach the half hour mark. I never really check the genital area for colour, I just put the doe in with the buck and let them decide. There has been a mating nearly every time I've put any doe and buck together and they always produce a litter. I feel I've been very lucky with my rabbits, of course starting off with good stock in the first place is half the battle.

I dont like rabbits that are poor breeders.I send them too the auction.Even though i raise Netherland dwarfs its just something i dont like.

Back