Can anyone help me help Mimic?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me? This is kind of a pre-emptive question but I sold a bunny named Mimic(Netherland Dwarf) as a pet at 8 weeks, got it back at 7 months old because of allergies, he got very depressed and lost weight, I found him another home with his brother(who was also sold and returned with him originally), but I just got told that the first night there they accidentally put the cages too close together and he got his face bit by the other rabbit. Now he is apparently showing aggression to his brother and to the lady. They have only had them 8 days. I was told they knew how to take care of rabbits(and I OVER questioned her on her knowledge of taking two males and she knew all she should do) but anyway, he used to be such a sweet friendly little guy. I haven't got him back yet to see how his behaviour is(my husband is getting him right now) but I know he is going to need to learn to trust people again.... What is my best bet on making his transition back here go smooth and getting him back to his friendly self?

Like I said, I don't know what his mental state is, but I want to make sure to do everything I can to help him... poor guy :(

Here is how she described his wound:
"Mimic's nose had kind of a gouge taken out. We cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and it seems to be healing now, its just not as pretty as it was before." :cry: Poor baby

This topic was just discussed on a FB forum I belong to and general behavior training like used for dogs was reported as working very well. Get them looking for a treat, only give the treat after the behavior is modified to what you want. She was using Calf Mana, but I use (generic) Ritz crackers ... anything they will pass up all other foods for will work :cheesysmile:

I would suggest that you might want to give him overnight to settle in ... maybe even drape the cage with a towel/blanket to keep it dark in there.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Back