Nipples

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Reaction score
Can you always see a does nipples? I'm still hopeful for a late pregnancy, and when my doe lays on her side they are visable. They might always have been but I have not had the chance to notice. I know I'm grasping at this point....It is really very sad :oops:
I picked her up on the 7th and she should have been bred a week earlier but I have no faith when she was bred or if she even was. But I can picture the man saying "oops, they are on the way and I forgot too breed her" and putting her in with the buck that morning. (I did say I was grasping)
She suposedly had one litter several months ago.

I have does I can, and does I can't. If you think she may have been bred late (you never do know) then act like the day you got her was the day she was bred, with a possibility of her kindling early. Watch her belly when shes on her side and see if it moves at all. I recently found out that one of my new does is pregnant by happening to see her belly move. Maybe if she turns out not to be pregnant, the original owner would rebreed?

I know that's not something normally done, but if you and him could look over both rabbits, you his rabbitry, and become satisfied a rebreeding would be safe? It's something I would consider...

He is a few hours away from me and has a closed herd. Even if he would respond to my emails I'm sure he would not let a rabbit back in. I have a very nice person with a buck I can use in a few weeks. (Due to timing on both our parts)
I just want kits now!
Thank you for the response. I just didn't know what was "normal" I now see both are.

I'll help you grasp at straws. Is she laying on her side a lot? My does do this a lot more in their last few days of pregnancy. Otherwise, I usually find them resting upright, head and ears up. As far as the nipples go, it depends on the rabbit. They are more prominent in some does than others. The indicator would be that they are more prominent on this doe than they were a couple of weeks ago.

About all you can do is wait and see. :shrug:

Back