Hurricane Earl

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marian

Reaction score
So I'm batting down the hatches and making sure anything that can be blown away isn't. It probably won't be as bad as they say but you never can tell. To everyone in the maritimes, be safe, be prepared.

It is always best to be prepared! My folks are just out of Portland but it looks like it will just kinda skip over them.

Best to be prepared, for sure. Take good care and post again after to let us know you're okay. I'll be thinking about you and our other maritime friends and hoping all is well with you.

No worries! Earl was a fizzle. Didn't even lose power. Once branch came down and a few corn stalks leaned over. I could get used to 'huricanes' like that.

Glad Earl was a fizzle. Hope the branch was something you can feed to the bunnies. We had strong winds today... gusts to about 60 km/hr. Brought down a bounty of poplar and willow. Most of it I will bundle and dry for winter.

Earl watered my garden and mildly upset my chickens.

Heck we even "risked" going to the Miramichi to pick up supplies.

The best part of the day was the call in to CBC Maritime where everyone from Meat Harbor New Brunswick to Peggie's Cove Nova Scotia said "Nothing much going on here except rain and wind."...classic Canadian!

Although I do understand that over two hundred thousand people lost their electric in Nova Scotia, four thousand homes were effected around Moncton New Brunswich and Prince Edward Island had several thousand outages as well. That's never fun.

Wow, I didn't realize Earl still had enough punch to put that many people out of power.

Hurricanes tend to move a lot more slowly on the Gulf of Mexico coast, and the water is very warm. We can get quite a lashing. More similar to New England's nor-easters than hurricanes that hit up there, as far as time involved and damage are concerned.

Glad y'all did alright! You just never know when one of these is going to do some quirky, particularly nasty thing that hurts a lot of people.

Latest posts

Back