Unexpected growth rate in a kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
So on January 5, New New Easter gave me 8 kits, 2 white, 6 red. Friend Bounce gave me three bigger than normal kits (they are all japs! argh!). Put two red kits in with Friend Bounce. Put in, the size difference was very obvious...as much as the white runt is with the rest of NN Easter's kits.

One of those fostered red kits has caught up with the harle kits, and the second is not that far behind - kinda in-between the 6 that NNE has and it's sibling.

I did NOT expect that. I figured that the rate of growth would continue at the same ratio for all the kits. I did not expect a smaller kit to after two days, catch up in size with bigger harle kits.

Makes me HOPE that it's a doe. :)

Nice to hear they are doing so well! In a nest box of only five, they should make good gains, though it is an indication that Friend Bounce has an ample milk supply. How are the six in New New Easter's box doing by comparison?

FB and NNE can both easily handle 10-11 kits (they done it before) but when it's winter I don't ask as much from my does. :) NNE's kits are doing as well as I expect them to. The runt is keeping up ratio wise with the rest which is always what I hope for. :)

Back