Breeding/pregnancy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
So I bred my doe Spooky 18 days ago. I, of course, can't tell if she is pregnat or not, but the buck is very young (about 5 months old) he did the whole falling off thing. Acted like he had been doing it his whole life.

Spooky's girly region is very red and swollen. I have never seen it look so ripe. I do not want to test breed her, and am having trouble deciding whether or not I can feel kits in her tummy.

Is there a way to know for sure by lookingat the does parts if she is or is not bred? Would she be pale pink if she was bred?

And a very important question...if she isn't, and I wait till the 36th day, will her swollen pooch not be so receptive anymore? Sorry if TMI.

Maybe we should have a rabbit breeding forum? Specifically for that section of care?

Oh, I can get pictures if you guys want. Maybe she has an infection? I don't know. I'll post pics so you guys can see what I am talking about.

__________ Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 pm __________

oh, I don't know. She is now playing with her hay. Who knows? silly rabbit.<br /><br />__________ Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 pm __________<br /><br />Yeah, nevermind. I'll have to wait until her due date either way....plus the hopeful daddy is young, and it's been hot out. Just basket case is all. I did this last time, too, and turned out she had six babies.

Patience, Shara. I don't check out the does "pooches" very often, but I'm inclined to think she is bred. A buck is usually fertile once he is able to complete the act... and your boy sounds like he knew exactly what was needed. :D

Shara,
when the Doe s bright red to purple in color and slightly swollen she is ready to breed.
A Buck will go through the actions at a very early age in an effort to show dominance.
In fact, even Does will mount each other to do the same thing. [Show Dominance].
A Buck is often able to fertilize the Doe even at four months.
I would NOT test breed any Doe, as they have two horns and
after three days they can become pregnant in the other horn.
This can sometimes lead to the loss of both litters.
Patience is a virtue, when in doubt, wait the 31 to 35 days.
As always, JMPO.
Dennis, C.V.R.

Shara I'm right there with you! 27 Days ago my doe was bred with the herd buck from where I purchased her..... Now I wait. She has been moved 7 days after breeding to my home. It had been very hot at that time and weeks before. I can give all kinds of reasons why she didn't take. But She still has up to a week to kindel!

I want kits now!!!! sorry

She has been playing with the hay but we have had no fur pullage as of yet.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

thank you leeanne. lol. its a hard lesson to learn....

patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

shrarvrs":nwb2bjgc said:
lol. I bet if they had pregnancy test for rabbits, at a dollar or so, they would sell like hotcakes. :p
:D
That would be fantastic!!

Latest posts

Back