A simple explanation of why FB is evil (contains sound)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gone

Sorry about the autostart on this clip. This post is in response to post11289.html#p11289

ladysown":2d4ig757 said:
no... facebook is not evil. Just don't post things there that you don't mind others knowing about.

I'm putting it here because I didn't want to hijack the other topic with a noisy (yet educational) video.

[flash=800,600]http://rabbittalk.com/dm_eds/final2.swf[/flash]

It is definitely worth listening to.

Edit: I've tracked down the file and fixed the link in this post. However, it should be noted that this flash object was made in 2006, so its context is somewhat out of date. Nothing important to the issue has changed, save for the names of some of the players, and the escalation of the operations involved (look into the recent relevations about the NSA, PRISM, etc). The situation is already much worse now than could have been envisioned by reasonable lay people in 2006.

Whoa... you meant LITERALLY evil. Well, I suppose it is too late for us, since you can't really totally delete an account, the info will still be there anyway. We try to keep it to as minimal personal information as possible. The government collects so much information on people, I'll bet they already have more info on us than is on our FB accounts.

Blows your mind, though.

I have an account on facebook but I have it under a fake name specifically for this reason. I never posted pics of me on the site ever and I only had pics of my critters. I stopped using it completely about 6 months ago because I felt like people were looking in my windows. Coworkers and friends wanted me to add them and I just felt like that was too much exposure into my privacy. So I walked away. Not to mention I was just wasting time playing silly games online that wanted me to annoy my friends and add strangers to my friends list so I could advance. Sorry but I just don't want my whole life plastered across the world.

Its well known that few rich run the world(read government) and control all media anyways; that is a given. What are they going to do with the info that I put Pastafarian down as my religion on Facebook? Big business is always gathering info about their customers, you know the ones that give them money and keep them in fancy yachts etc? Maybe they will get things right and offer us stuff we want/need for a better life , who knows??Venture capital and and capitalism run things and facebook isn't going to change that one way or the other. Higher, upper echelon BOD members often serve on multiple boards for many different organizations as well so no surprise that some of the venture money is connected.. So any law abiding citizen has nothing to fear except from the scum who hack into said system, so its just a matter of what info one puts out! I am pretty sure the CIA doesn't need facebook to carry on but maybe it makes things simpler for them? After all dumb and criminal seem to go together. ;) ;)

According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb fucks.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/well-the ... z0yDVowrnS

I'm still not sure what harm anyone is going to do with my information.... I'm far more careful in chat rooms and on forums because some individuals are dangerous and I make sure websites are legit before giving my credit card info but making my info on facebook available to companies is just going to get me some junk mail or something similar. It makes good fire starter since we burn half our trash out here. I'm not doing anything with my life that would really interest anyone especially the US government. I'm one of a few million young caucasian women who are working on a 2year college degree and have pets and one of the many people around here who raise some livestock. I also carefully chose a screen name that brings up all sorts of pages having nothing to do with me if you search it in any web browser and it's not the same screen name I use in photobucket or any games I connect to facebook. Although my main purpose in doing that is again protection from individuals and keeping some of my nosy family members from knowing everything I do or say.

I have got way more out of facebook then they have got from me lol The entertainment value alone is huge, not to mention letting friends and family know whats happening. If you don't want anyone to know, then don't post anything anywhere, just being connected puts you out there, and its not illegal yet to make money! My previous internet provider did more to sell out my email to spammers than facebook. I have received nothing since changing providers and only the email I allow from facebook.

Latest posts

Back