question about urine

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandee

Reaction score
What does healthy rabbit urine look like? I noticed these 9wk NZ's urine is a bit cloudy. one reddish/orangish and the other a bit more yellow but cloudier than the other's.

reddiah is perfectly normal. I think cloudy is, too. My rabbits often have urine that ranges from red to cloudy yellow.

All of that is normal. [nbsp][/nbsp]Rabbit urine is really weird. [nbsp][/nbsp]No idea how you're supposed to know what is abnormal... unless they just stop peeing altogether. :?

Rabbit urine varies a lot. I simply do not worry about it. Reddish and cloudy urine are common. With the wild cottontails I have seen blue, purple and green urine stains in the snow from time to time as well as reddish.

The colors would come from what they eat, like with other animals. Any stash of berries from the various plants around would change it. Beets, for instance, turned the urine from my buns a lovely purple color :x Very disturbing looking. :lol: Carrots seem to turn them bright orange.

Green tho...that's just STRANGE! Maybe they found some Cap'n Crunch!

when i eat asparegus, lots of it, my pee is kinda greenish. maybe they got into something similat to that. lol @ capncrunch!

Back