Rex and Mini Rex Information

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EviesTulipsRabbitry

Reaction score
On Saturday my aunt Becky bought some Rex's and Mini Rex's. She is getting out of Flemish Giants. She loves them dearly. Anyways,
She gotten a 4 year old Black Doe that haves lots of Rewards on her and both of her parents. And gotten another 2 month old Blue Buck. Both came from the same breeder. She got a good deal on both of them. We just bred my Mini Rex buck with hers because her buck is just too little right now.
And she just got a Blue Rex Buck also. I dont remember how old he was. And she haves 2 other Caster's of her own. The one Caster isnt a good color at all.

My aunt doesnt have the internet and she wants me to help her out. She wants to go together on the Rabbitry. But I just dont know yet about that. But I will help her out the best that I can. She is new at this rabbit stuff so Am I but I taught her a little.

Our questions are. How do you groom your Rex's or Mini Rex's? Or any other information or stuff that you know about these breeds??

At the shows we have seen people spray there Rex's down with water at rubbed them. Then we seen some that sprayed their hands with water and rubbed them down.

Thanks, Misty and Rebecca!

You don't need a lot of grooming! Just when they go through a horrendous moult you could help remove the fur just with your hands. This will help so they don't ingest the fur by grooming to much and get a hairball. Just make sure they are clean and dry on their feet especially. What you see people doing at shows is just a light misting of water to remove any loose fur and to stop any static if its dry. Mini Rex have very fast growing toenails so you will have to watch them a little closer and clip them more often! :) Mini Rex are also pigs and will eat until they blow up lol watch their weight as they get senior its easy to get an overweight doe.

Latest posts

Back