white eye goup

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
I went out to my rabbits, and one of my kits (8 weeks) has white goup in her eye. both eyes had it, one was sealed shut. no other rabbits are sick, I recently removed the litter from momma, to make way for a new litter due early Sept.

This is a litter that one kit had a weepy eye, no color, and clear, which resolved itself once removed from mom.

Is this something I need to put her down for? is it safe to wait and see? or not? There has also been some softer poo in that cage, so I was feeding blackberry and plantain. (the weed)

any advice? I'd hate to put her down, but would hate even more to sell an infected kit or even worse, infect my whole herd...

I wouldn't cull the doe.

When my bunnies get runny eyes, I use a product called NFZ Puffer that
is normally used for livestock and pet eye infections. It's a plastic two
ounce bottle of yellow powder that I squeeze and it blows the
powder into the bunnies eye. I think the active ingredient is
nitrofurazone.

The eyes clear up in a day or two. You may need to repeat if the runny
eyes begin again in 5-7 days.

The little bottle of powder costs about $13.00 at the feed store. Feed
stores that carry products for horses will probably have the product.

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

for runny or goopy eyes I rinse out, use a used tea bag (warm) on it, and then put in a drop of over the counter eye meds in it. usually clears up right away. :)

oh, yippee!!! I didn't want to put her down. She is a sweetie, well, I like her anyways, and I am glad this is eassy to fix. Thanks!

Back