If it's tourist season...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Why can't we shoot them? In deer season, we shoot deer. In rabbit season, rabbits. In turkey season, turkeys. :shrug:

Mike just called after witnessing this "old geezer in an Illinois SUV" pull out from a filling station, full speed, tires squealing, trying to turn left into the far lane so that he could make the light, which was turning yellow. Unfortunately, he didn't see the car pulling UP to the stop light in the near lane...he rammed right into the side of her car. Full on. I think they call it "T boned".

Nasty mess of vehicles, air bags deployed, geezer complaining loudly...sigh.

Fortunately there was a County Sheriff coming to the stop light...right behind the girl that got T-Boned. :razz:

Mike stopped to ask if he needed to stay for witness reports and such...the Sheriff said "no. don't think so. " with one of those grim smiles they get when it's a slam dunk :lol: (this happened just 1/2 a block from county sheriff department, too)

Young woman taken to hospital, but as a precaution. She seemed to be okay..just some cuts and bruises...and really shaken up. (now me...I'd have been getting out of my car with my .22 aimed at the idiot..."justifiable homicide, your honor; he just tried to kill me" )

:lol: It's so awesome when the sheriff's right there! That "old geezer" can complain loudly all the way to the courtroom. I'm sure the judge will be just peachy with it.

Glad to hear the poor lady seemed okay!

Up here the tourists seem to think the rules don't apply to them either.. like turns on the red into oncoming traffic that has the green; stopping at stop signs etc.. I think the big city people think its all lawlessness out in the boonies or something.

Back