hohhh boy...RAIN

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
and lots of it. The area our farm is in had 1.65inches in the last 2 hours. Mike's out there and just called..he couldn't see the chicken coops from the apartment earlier...a distance of 100feet...because the rain was so hard. :eek:

It's heading east...Ohio in a day? maybe. Doesn't seem to be going north at all, so will probably miss Ontario area.

but...wow. It's a real gully washer!

It looks like it could start raining anytime here... and I wish it would. Everything is soooooo dry. They keep promising us thundershowers but they never seem to hit right here. Ann, I wish you could send us a bit of your rain!

So do I, Maggie, so do I :( We do NOT need this rain. Ground was saturated last week, rivers right at the banks. This will flood quite a bit of land, I'm afraid. Although we did have 5 days of no rain, so a lot of growing got done, and haying was going on all over the place.

Speaking of growing...our sweet corn which I planted late, is 7 feet tall, (normall 5) and has 3 to 4 ears per stalk..normal is 2. Ears are forming well, but nothing ready to go yet. I gave up on most of the rest of the garden..too much hay field :lol: I couldn't keep up with it. The tomatoes are doing well, and the squash always takes over and smothers the weeds/timothy, but anything else is doomed to failure. I did manage to keep the mangels and sugar beets weeded long enough to give them a fighting chance.

heck...we've got a volunteer squash of some sort (NOT a zucchini, thank god) growing on the rabbit manure pile. HUGE pile..HUGE squash vine. Growing some nice big somethings. they're kinda warty, long with a globe on the end. No clue what they'll be, other than big. :razz:

was raining in picton (5 minutes away) off and on through day
just started a decent rain here - little bunnies aren't happy as they are locked down (big boys have been out already) but everybody else is happy - especially the garden!

We got some rain this afternoon, thank goodness, but it's not really enough. Hoping for more overnight. They are calling for a lot more later in the week... must be coming here from Wisconsin! :D Thanks, Ann!

At least what we got should hold the garden for the moment.

No, no... no steam bath, thanks! :) I can do without too much moisture in the air. I like it in the ground where it can do some good.<br /><br />__________ Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:19 am __________<br /><br />Whooo-hooo! :bouncy: We got RAIN! Lovely cool wet rain, soaking into the parched soil. The roots of the plants sucking it up and sighing with relief and contentment. The garden and lovely bunny weeds growing again.... Happy geesies preening their wet feathers... Soaked chickens, mad as wet hens! :D

AND they are calling for more rain tonight! Yippeee! I'm a happy camper today!

Latest posts

Back