Any Ideas?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
She is a mini rabbit, probably about five lbs. About the size of a minilop, maybe a touch smaller. Just a touch. Sorry the pictures are so bad, the one from the front is terrible.

This is Spooky, by the way. She is a very good mom, her last two litters were five and six. The latest litter was with me, and she didn't lose one, although one was scrawny. I love her looks, and she is not actually as black as she looks here, tommorrow I will get a better pic of her color, it is kinda a black w/ rusty patches. Her fur is super shiny, I was thinking maybe a mini satin?

Any ways, what does she look like to you guys?

Attachments

• Photo0688.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 2,019
  • Photo0687.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,019
She is really long in the shoulder, so maybe she came from a mandolin-type breeding at some point and her color/marking/ears/rump make me think she has some Dutch blood somewhere. She doesn't really look like anything remotely purebred to me though with that weight/head/body shape- I am guessing a Heinz 57 supreme. :)

She's cute,

Lauren

Thanks! she's not going anywhere :) I hope she turns out to be a good foster, because thats my justification to keeping her :D

Satin fur has to be inherited from both parents to show, just like rex fur its recessive. Polish have incredibly shiny coats though. She must be a vienna carrier with that white on her nose.

She's LOVELY! That snip on the nose is perfect :) No clue if she's more like one breed or another, (although she does have that mandolin body they look for in Americans, Beverens and a couple other breeds) but that COAT! so shiny!

Thanks guys! I adore her. :D I'm actually going to gt better pictures today, so you all can see her coat in all it's glory.

__________ Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:58 am __________

Oh, and what does it mean if a rabbit is a vienna carrier? I've sen some talk with those carriers in relasion to blue eyed white kits? What is it exactly?

__________ Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 am __________

here are some more pics of her, in the sun. Maybe it could clarify things. Also, any ideas as to color?

rabbits151.jpg

rabbits150.jpg

rabbits149.jpg

rabbits148.jpg

rabbits154.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 am __________<br /><br />She looks black, except in light, so very dark, varigated rust color....

Vienna carrier/marked means she has one copy of the blue-eyed white gene. She could pass that on to her offspring or not 50%/50% chance. If the buck was also a vc then you would have a better chance of bews.

Latest posts

Back