Selling cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was planning to make myself a set of hanging cages, 30x72 2 hole (so 30x36 per rabbit) Top and bottom GAW 14ga 1x1/2 wire (so they could be flipped over every year or so to keep the floors from needing to be replaced as quickly) and all sides and dividers out of the same wire but 1"x1.5"

Unfortunately I now find my self in need of cash to pay a larger than expected vet bill. I can still get the cage wire and other supplies (klubertanz takes credit cards, my vet doesn't :( ) and I was wondering about getting the wire and making and selling the cages. I'm kind of wondering if there would be any market or if I'm just trying to sell a product that's too specialized and high quality to be able to make a profit on it? Also, I don't know how much I should charge. What do you guys think? Also, I live near St. Louis, MO, so if you're in my area and would like me to make you a cage, let me know before I order the wire and I'll sell ya as many as you want.

Thanks

Crystal

A vet that doesn't take credit cards? That's crazy talk!!!

I don't know how much the supplies cost, but usually you see cages available v.cheap in my area, so I'd worry that you wouldn't make any profit on them.

Well, she does take credit cards, but not discover which is the only one I have. Didn't bother me when I went in as I was expecting to be able to pay her with what I had in the bank.

Id say put a add on CL saing you make custom cages and see if any one calls if they dont then id say its a waste. But I just spent 499.99 on a rabit cage made of all wood with pull out poo rack so im suer you may be able to sell them another idea if a mint is around your area you can get gold coins and then you can take it back in and get normal money for the same price you just paid.

Back