"Dead rabbit" picture thread

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secuono

Reaction score
I keep seeing 'dead' rabbit posts and I thought it would be neat if we could have a thread full of nothing but rabbits posed in ways that give us mini heart attacks.

Here's my Cali doe, Królik, from this morning. She hardly even lifted her head to greet me. =D
DSC_0175m_zpsb821e662.jpg

Your turn!!
:bunnyhop:

lol Finally! :D

Attachments

• ded.jpg
    ded.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 11,877
All of my rabbits lay like that! I'll never forget when my 4-h leader tracked me down to tell me my rabbit died, I went over to the barn and petted her head and she jumped right up! I knew wha had happened and explained that's normal for them, but I still had people hunting me down like once an hour to tell me rabbit died. It was quite hilarious, people would run up to me

"are you Jessie?"
"yes"
"one of your rabbits died"
"no it didnt"
" but I just saw it"
"poke it!"

My Doberman played dead the other day. He was covered in mud from the crazy storm we had and was laying on the floor with his paw caught over his ears, eyes glazed and staring out, motionless all over.
Since I'm used to other animals playing dead and knowing he's only 6.5yrs, I walked up to him and still thought "oh gawd, the hole I'll have to dig, breaking my back. But is he really..." And then I thought no and walked out to the deck, the other two dogs ran out and he thought I was going into the critter yard, so he shot right up! Thank goodness he was fine. But it was the first time he's done it like that...

My rabbits always do this, but I finally got a picture of it. I was just waiting around for them to do it and they probably thought I was crazy!
Well, I got my picture to add, so I'm bringing this post back to the front! :p
SAM_0529.JPG

This isn't the best pose that they have done, but it was the first one I got.

Thank Heaven!

I'm not alone!!

I've had some of my does look completely, positively, DEAD!! "Q$Q$#%#$%%#^@#$!^#$%**" (I cuss a little)

I'll reach in to gather them up and then they come to LIFE!!

I've got gouges on the back of my arm jerking away and snagging it on the wire they startled me so much.

grumpy.

I blow kisses to see if they move. Sometimes they startle, sometimes they just move an ear, but if they don't do anything at all, then I go to poke them... lol

I just need to shake a bucket of feed and they ALL spring up and out of hiding. =D
I swear, they would run me down if there weren't any fencing separating us. Them hopping up on my legs in small numbers is fine, but if they all did it, I wouldn't be able to keep track of who is where. :/

OAF! :eek: You are only supposed to post pics of bunnies playing dead!

That pic gets my vote for the best "dead bunny" posted so far!

OneAcreFarm":26dtwn3z said:
This is the worst....I HATE seeing this.... :roll:

That's my Fawkes to a T. Thanks for posting OneAcreFarm.

What's funnier is that his eyelids are half open and I can see that his eyes have rolled up. Now THAT scared the heck out of me the first time I saw it.

Karen<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 pm __________<br /><br />
Nyctra":26dtwn3z said:
lol Finally! :D

Now this I've never seen any of my tribe do. Thanks so much for sharing. Looks totally relaxed, but gives you stress.

Karen

I got one! This bunny stayed dead while I lifted the nestbox out of the cage! :lol:

IMG_4140.JPG

today I was out trimming the rabbits nails and heard a thump. Son said the English lop just fell over. I looked and yes dead rabbit. I grabbed my phone and snapped a fast picture. He sometimes sleeps with his eyes open. real funny to see him when he wakes up he is blinking like "what".
downsized_0926121212.jpg

Attachments

• downsized_0926121213b.jpg
    downsized_0926121213b.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,577
jessie15273":2z35i9f4 said:
"are you Jessie?"
"yes"
"one of your rabbits died"
"no it didnt"
" but I just saw it"
"poke it!"

LOL!!<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:10 pm __________<br /><br />We have one doe, Chamomile, that does this. Scares us nearly every day. I'll have to grab a camera and catch her tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back