Blanc De Hotot Q's

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about this breed? Now that hubby has officially given up on controlling my obsessoin (he just says he doesn't want to hear it if has to do with spending money, or rabbits in general, lol) I can feel free to expolore my next breed of rabbit. I would like something uber-rare, really pretty, dual purpose, with a potential for pet sales...or whatever.

For this breed, I would learn about the conformation, and I would be showing, ect. It would be a serious endevor to help save this breed.

So has anyone heard (or have experience) with the breed's temperament,feed to meat ratio, ect? what are your general impressions on the breed? Good mothers? Litter sizes?

Just looking into it, Because I think if I get these, it will be a big investment, as I will probably have to go out of my way to get them, and probably pay more, since there are less of them in general. Just want to know if it would be worth it, based on other's experiences.

I've had some access to them lately, as a friend of mine just got back into them, she had them years ago and has always loved them. Their neat looking, temperament seems quite good. Their still a work in progress, some breeders are using NZW, Cali's and Silver Fox to improve them, and enlarge the gene pool. Most of the ones that my friend has are american bred, and she has some derived from german imports. The imports have better conformation. Coat is hard to get correct on them, as they are supposed to have a coat like a Silver Fox, in fact I was told that they are silvered under the white. Many of them have short flyback coats. I like them, I'd like to see more people get into them, I'm big on rare breeds. I have Silvers and Thriantas, I've had Lilacs and Creme d' Argents, even a token Satin Angora. If you were on the east coast I could hook you up, she has litters right now. I hope you can find them, they are worth trying to save.

Back