YES, YES, YES!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the does I have been making the cages about 40" long, but I think I may have to make them larger as they grow. If I do, then I will, not too hard to manage. I am happy over all with them. :) Thanks for all the tips!

shrarvrs":2ev4wgri said:
I was looking good at them, and since my does are only babies, yet, it is hard to see, but my buck is older, and when looking at him, I think you are very right, avdpas77. Thanks!

__________ Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:03 pm __________

They are about 15' long (a few inches more, actually), 18" front to back, and 18" tall. I just went and measured :D

I was assuming 1x2 wire and trying to count squares. Yes 36 inches would be two deep, 18 inches is quite shallow, but still enough, I think. Let's see, if you make them three slots wide, that would be 45 x 18 or around 810, which should be fine although you may have to get creative with nestbox placement. You should plan your nestbox (and doors large enough to fit them in before you acturally start modifing. This may be a situation, where it is better to build wood nestboxes with a hinged top on the back of the pen, and not have to put nestboxes inside at all. I would not modify any more cage space than you actually need. One always finds something they wish they would have done different, that will allow you to divide differently after some experience with these, if the setup doesn't work out well.

Back