Possible outcomes?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
I'm about to get a black Otter doe and I plan to cross her with a broken black buck that is a potential Vienna carrier (I'm suspicious he is a carrier, but he isn't a proven buck yet either way. Though hopefully will be in December) what are my possible kit pattern out comes? These are them: <br /><br /> __________ Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:57 am __________ <br /><br /> Also another quick question. Does she look like she might actually be a silver martin to any of y'all? She doesn't have and distinctive brown edging to her pattern like my current black otter doe so clearly does, hence why I'm asking if she could actually be silver martin

Attachments

• IMG_20171121_005008.jpg
    IMG_20171121_005008.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_20171121_005102.jpg
    IMG_20171121_005102.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 813
Looks Silver (at_ B_ cchd_ D_ E_) or seal (at_ B_ cchlcchl D_ E_) marten

Bred to broken black (aa B_ C_ D_ E_ EN_) you should get broken and solid otters, other colours depend on recessives carried

Thanks Dood!! I suspect she is a silver martin. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll find out for sure later though when I pick her up. So I suspect he carries Vienna genes. What could that cause?

I guess I have an odd bunch. I found out recently that I have a broken black Vienna carrying lop buck, and a broken black Vienna carrying meat mutt doe. If it weren't for the offspring of those two (especially when mixed with ones I know don't carry it) I'd have no clue they both carry it. I also got 4 Charlie's and a look alike broken black when I bred the lop and mutt doe together. My Dwarf buck I showed has a similar white nose patch that is making me think he carries it. We will hopefully find out soon since he was bred to my first time doe, and she is a Vienna marked Chestnut. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:21 pm __________ <br /><br /> She most certainly is Not an Otter. How do I tell if she is a silver martin or a seal martin? I'll get pictures later since I've only had her about 2 hours

What preferred colors should I try to test breed her to, and what should I look for in kits to find out if she is seal or silver?

Tan or self based himi or or self based REW

if she is silver marten you'll get silver martens, possibly blacks

If seal marten you'll get sable martens, possible sables

Thanks Dood!! Now I just gotta find someone with one of those bucks. It would figure that the one of those colors I have is a doe too

Latest posts

Back