poop problem? help?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziegfeldbunny

Reaction score
i just went to do bambi's cage and he's done some regular poops (hard and round) but i've just noticed he's done else.... i am aware that they do the grape like things (i cannot spell it for the life of me)
*this is going to be graphic i guess like if poop grosses you out*
IMG_1283.JPG
&
it kinda smells a little bit and he was sat on it (he usually poops those hard round ones and sits on those)
i've never seem him do anything like this so i'm quite worried about it, i'm thinking i should take him to the vets to get checked out but how should i describe it?
it obviously doesn't look normal
he's drinking water and eating his food/hay as he usually does and i haven't made any changes to his diet at all
he seems as lively as ever and also as friendly as ever so i'm wondering what i should do
please help! :(

If you take him to the vet, take the picture with you. Describe as best you can, what has happened since you first noticed any issues. Sometimes the best thing is the picture, cause then the tech and the doctor can see what it is you are trying to describe.

It's a bit hard to tell from the picture, but they do look pretty messy. It might just be squashed cecotropes (those grape-like things). I'd remove his pellets for a day or two and just give him hay and water. This usually will regulate any minor problem with rabbit poops.

There are several safe plants that help fight diarrhea. They will not constipate the rabbits and they are a normal part of the diet of wild European rabbits from which domestic rabbits are descended. It's a good idea to learn how to identify them and know where they are found.

Common Plantain (Plantago major and associated Plantago species.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantago_major

Shepherd's Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsella_bursa-pastoris

The unsprayed leaves of blackberry, raspberry and strawberry are also excellent.

Sagebrush":1m1qc98r said:
If you take him to the vet, take the picture with you. Describe as best you can, what has happened since you first noticed any issues. Sometimes the best thing is the picture, cause then the tech and the doctor can see what it is you are trying to describe.
i'm definately taking him to the vets on monday, i already made an appointment and i'll of course show them the picture
thank you so much <3

Latest posts

Back