Register

POLL: How Much Would You Pay??

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.

How Much Would You Pay???

$20/hr
80%
$50/hr
20%
$75/hr
No votes
$100+/hr
No votes

Total votes : 5
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 3,610.00

POLL: How Much Would You Pay??

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Bandits Bunny Farm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 pm

So, I'm wanting to start using a couple of my rabbits as a "Therapy Bunny" type thing, for schools, preschools, daycares, special needs programs, and convalescent facilities, for a price.

I was wondering, how much would YOU pay per hour?
~Bandit's Bunny Farm
http://banditsbunnyfarm.weebly.com

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand. But once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always."
~The Velveteen Rabbit

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,787.00

Re: POLL: How Much Would You Pay??

Post Number:#2  Unread postby katiebear » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 pm

From what I found with my daughter in law training her dog to work with our grandson, her nephew. You pay to have the animal trained and then you volunteer their services. If you can get paid that's great,But you should probably check with hospitals and the like...

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 31,977.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Dood » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 am

:yeahthat: around here there is a waiting list to become a volunteer :D

So many people want to share their animals with others that it can take months or years before there is a vacancy in a program

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 20,857.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Marinea » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:51 am

To be honest, I would not pay. There are a lot of volunteer groups around.

In this economy, where a lot of institutions are scaling back (our only county hospital completely shut down recently), I can't see spending money for this service.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 805.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby SA Farm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:09 am

:yeahthat: Therapy animals are generally for the benefit of both the people and the animals - not for profit.
Raising Mini Rex Rabbits

BunnyBucks: 3,610.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby Bandits Bunny Farm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 am

Ok, well they're not exactly Therapy Bunny, I mean kind of a show and tell type thing?
~Bandit's Bunny Farm
http://banditsbunnyfarm.weebly.com

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand. But once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always."
~The Velveteen Rabbit

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 31,977.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Dood » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm

I do that for free with my farm babies and exotics and is display ONLY - no contact allowed

There no certification or insurance needed but once you charge for it like a business you need liability insurance

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 35,100.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby akane » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

We were thinking of doing such things with a very well behaved rabbit and it didn't even cross my mind to get paid. Everyone does it free and there is no shortage of volunteers so I doubt any one is going to pay you anything whether it's a full therapy animal or rabbit showing demo.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
In order to save myself I must destroy first the me I was told to be -The Dreamer

BunnyBucks: 5,248.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby wamplercathy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I have never heard of someone paying to have a therapy animal come in. I have trained my own dogs and did it as a volunteer thing. So for your poll I would say $0. But that's just me.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 95.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Honey » Fri May 08, 2015 9:15 pm

What if you did an expo for volunteers about how to start bunny therapy. Or the benefit of bunny therapy. You could offer it for free and invite the various homes and centers over and then you could provide them with discounts on purchasing their own bunny, perhaps offer cages, fodder, etc. Maybe that'd be a way around the fact there's a lot of folks doing it already?
Honey Rowland of HoneysLife.com
"Organic since it was a dirty hippie word."

The following user would like to thank Honey for this post
Susie570

BunnyBucks: 4,311.00

Post Number:#11  Unread postby WhWRabbitry » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:46 pm

I know I'm late in chiming in. I just came across this post. I have to agree with the others above. You are not likely to get paid to do it. There are lots of not for profit groups that provide training and some level of certification for you to be a handler of a therapy animal under their group. You don't get paid to do it. It's looked at as more of an honor to get to provide the blessing to others. I personally am considering going through a group and getting approved to volunteer as a therapy handler with one of our rabbits when he is old enough. If he stays as sweet and calm as he is now he'd be ideal for such a thing.

However, if you are instead looking at it as an educational thing where you show the animals and teach about them there could possibly be some preschools or groups that might pay a small fee.