Plastic poultry flooring?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, aren't 1.1" x 1.1" openings rather big for rabbits`?

When I started my new hutches I saw plastic tiles for rabbitswith 1/2"x1/2" holes, but as far as I remember quite expensive.

So I made an improvised table saw with a small rotary saw, and reused some pallets. Note that the slots widen downwards. I brushed the slats with vegetable oil and heated them over fire, hoping that will make it more durable. (If you ever do that, get some rabbit pee and paint the wood with that afterwards - then they wont gnaw it :? )

Works great this far, I have 6 (was 8) growout bucklings in this hutch. Underneath I have plastic storage poxes from Ikea.

Attachments

• stall1.jpg
    stall1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,151
Hm, aren't 1.1" x 1.1" openings rather big for rabbits`?
You are right. They might be a to big. I didn't even notice the hole spacing.

I found some others that have a 7/8" openings but they are more expensive. I currently have some flooring that is welded wire with a what I assume is a pvc coating. It's really heavy duty stuff like 12 gauge wire (the cage was second hand). The rabbits don't seem to have a problem with it though and it has 7/8" holes.

Back