Register

plants poisonous or not??

Provide a well rounded diet without commercial feed, including discussions of the methods and merits of growing fodder.
BunnyBucks: 62.00

plants poisonous or not??

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Merrrrrr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Does anyone know for sure if it is ok to feed rabbits Sorrel and Bloody Dock plants? There is conflicting info on the web. I've even found websites that say fennel is poisonous to rabbits and I thought it was good for rabbits who needed help with milk production?

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,273.00

Re: plants poisonous or not??

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:41 pm

If you'd care to supply the Latin names for the plants in question, I'll try to check them for you. Common names for plants vary by region and are therefore unreliable for identification purposes.

Also, would you please add your location (province or state if Canada or USA and country if otherwise). So many questions about rabbits are affected by location.

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 525.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Ghost » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:56 pm

It might also be helpful if we knew where you live. It doesn't have to be exact, if you live in the US, state and hardiness zone will be good enough.

Ps. To mods: This thread might go better in the "Feeding Rabbits" forum rather than "Meat Rabbits".
You have to do the most good for the most. You most remember that a few will won't make it. Don't be ashamed to shed a tear for the ones lost along the way, we will not hold it against you. Just remember "the herd goes on".

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,273.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby MaggieJ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:24 pm

You're right, Ghost. I'm moving it to the Natural Feeding forum.