Pigeons and dove pics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinbunny1

Reaction score
i don't think I have ever shown any pictures of these guys here. So here goes. I breed and show hungarian giant house pigeons, archangels, and performance rollers. the ones that don't fly, but roll on the ground. I also have ring neck doves.

So here are some of the house pigeons. the gray and white and red and white are mom and son.

faircardamage291.jpg

pigeonhouse007.jpg

pigeonhouse009.jpg

newpigeon003.jpg

barnbuns004.jpg

Another full sibling to the gray and white one(also called blue grizzle). This guy/girl is a blue bar.

rexhpigeon010.jpg

Another full sibling from the same pair that produced the two birds above. I was told this might be a gray grizzle.

newrabbiotspigeons007.jpg

newrabbiotspigeons006.jpg

newrabbiotspigeons005.jpg

newrabbiotspigeons008.jpg

Archangels

Copper blue wing.

newrabbiotspigeons004.jpg

copper black wings. The male died this year.

faircardamage293.jpg

Bronze breasted blue wing
newpigeons003.jpg

toy stencil cock bird. the boys help with nesting duties.

newpigeons006.jpg

One of six black check chicks I have. Dad is the toy stencil.

PBUNNIES2017.jpg

One of the black checks.

luckybunnies010.jpg

Gold blue wing. The blue wing in the first picture is her son/daughter. The blue cock bird is the dad.

luckybunnies008.jpg

dad dove and baby.

newdoves001.jpg

Those a very pretty! I love the feathered feet, too! So, I am a bit curious...is there another use for pigeons that don't fly other than show and pet? I know zero about pigeons, other than they are cool to watch.

Some breeds are used for food sources. Like utilities kings, and runts. other then that they are kept as show and pets. Hungarians are also the largest breed of pigeon. Some can grow up to 4 pounds, from what I have read. Mine are medium sized. To give size comparison the white bird in the show cage next to the pair of hungarians is a white runt. Second largest breed. That bird was runner up to the best in show winner at last years grand national pigeon show(national pigeon show).

I can't let mine fly. they have to stay in the bunny barn. We have a pair of hawks that like to hang around. i am paranoid about them getting my birds. A lot of pigeon breeders wouldn't care if they picked off a few though. i can't see allowing that to happen when you pay good money for birds like that.

I love the booted, and bedhead look too. They are funkiest looking birds you will ever see.

here is a couple of my giant hungarian breeding pair, after i first got them. Talk about long feathers. They broke them off since then. :(

The male is a blue bar white flight. The hen is the red grizzle one. She is one of the pictures above. They are the mom and dad of all but one of my house pigeons.

pigeonrabbit006.jpg

pigeonrabbit007.jpg

Love, love, love your house pigeons! They are an absolutely gorgeous breed and your group has neat colors, too.

Lauren

Wow, lovely pigeons! I've never seen them with the feathered feet like that. :)

I have to say... I love the pigeons in "Bolt", too! :lol:

Latest posts

Back