Register

Personalities

A special place for pet owners to discuss their companion rabbits.
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 60.00

Re: Personalities

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Therabbitryperson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 am

In my experience, New Zealand rabbits are very large, but normally mellow rabbits that end up loving you, and my mutt bunny and mini lops are even better. We think the mutt bunny is either a new Zealand or Havana mix. When she's in the exercise pen, and I get out of the car, she RUNS to the gate like a puppy that lost it's owner for years. So, I feel as though many rabbits are affectionate and it's not mainly one breed. Sure, some breeds could show it more, but they all still would love you.

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 10,415.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 am

agree with those who say -personality is individual , It also can be largely inherited . I have seen rabbits who will fetch a ball, or any thrown object that is small enough to handle. I have seen rabbits that "act out" until they are allowed to sit on a lap. I have also seen many "pet" rabbits surrendered to shelters, who had [for no apparent reason] turned from loving and happy- to "angry dangerous biters".
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,783.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm

This is a great website for understanding your rabbits' body language and communicating with them. Several members have found it useful for modifying behaviour too.
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

I see now there is also a youtube about this. Haven't watched it, so can't say anything about its quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn07YrerZQ
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

Previous