Pedigree rabbits in South Central PA ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDMIST

Reaction score
I am looking for a trio of pedigree meat bread rabbits. Any type is fine. I currently have NZ, silver fox. I am having a hard time finding first a rabbitry that has pedigree rabbits and second that the rabbits are any good. Seems everyone in this area has alot of purebred rabbits but no proof of lines. Please let me know any locations that offer pedigreed meat rabbits close to York PA (within a hour drive)

Thanks

Unfortunately that site has pilfered most of these breeders from other sites, myself included :( and I cannot edit the listing to correct my location as Burlington ONTARIO instead of Burlington Alabama :groooan: so many of the listings have a) incorrect contact information or b) are no longer in business :shrug:

I have looked and tried most of them. Majority are out of business or do not have papered animals.
I had rabbits 20 years ago and it seemed everyone had pedigreed rabbits. Now I trying to get back into it and no one has pedigreed animals. I would like to concentrate on NZ, American Chin, Californian or silver fox rabbits.

Definitely check PASRBA. It's a fairly large show and should have a selection of breeds. If you can't find anything to buy, you can at least network with breeders who will have something to sell later.

Was wondering if you made it to the convention then, REDMIST. I was there this morning and was blown away with all the rabbits. A little oversaturated with rabbits. First time there, it seemed jumbled to me. It would be nicer if it was more breed specific in areas, but understand rabbitries raise more than one kind. I was looking for 2 doe and 2 buck to improve my line, almost left with nothing. Ended up bringing home a Jr Cali Buck to cross with my NZW. Only thing is I have to wait another 2 months to try him, if he makes it through quarantine.

No I did not go.My daughter was not to happy to travel 1.5 hr to get there. There is a ARBA show closer to me in April I plan on trying out.

So I have gone to two shows since my last post. I got names and numbers from several people about 2 hrs from me. I have called them and left messages several times. I narrowed my search to Silver Fox or Californians. I also emailed people regarding these breeds from rabbit breeder site. I am striking out. Most of them either sold out or switched breeds. The breeders from the show only have non pedigreed rabbits for sale at this time and most of the kits are spoken for.

Does anyone on here have silver fox or calis for sale in PA or MD with pedigrees? Or going to the ARBA show in Biglerville in April?

Thanks

Back