Papaya enzyme tablets?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bantambunnies

Reaction score
I know this has been posted about before, but...

I picked up some papaya enzyme tablets at the store. They're made for people, and I noticed that the first two ingredients are dextrose and sugar. It also has Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake.
I just wasn't sure if that was the best for the rabbits... if not, I'll return it. Or try some myself. :)

After losing a bunny to intestinal blockage... I want to do what I can help the others, especially when the fur is flying here in molting season.

Thanks!

That's pretty similar to what's in mine, although mine has more such as bromelain, etc.
I will use it. :)

No problem. I feed my rabbits one a day but in a case of severe wool block or severe constipation I give 2 a day, one in the morning, one in the evening.

Papaya is great for humans. We use it instead of tums works faster and is better / safer for you. Ill have to try grooving it to the buns

http://www.amazon.com/American-Health-P ... me+tablets

This one ok? It has cornstarch in it...I know corn is bad for rabbits....so would this be problem?

71IzKLfWfmL._SX522_.jpg

It's not the corn per se but mycotoxins from a fungus that corn can carry under the right conditions. I think corn starch is probably processed enough that it would kill any toxins.

Back