Overfed Kit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelw114

Reaction score
I have a 10 day old single Holland lop kit. I'm worried that it might be getting fed too much since it doesn't have to compete for food. Can anyone offer their opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,264
  • IMG_1662.JPG
    IMG_1662.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,264
Looks good to me!

A friend had a REX mom with Three... She loved to sit in her nest box.... the kits were so well fed they looked like pancakes ...
Those kits grew to be amazing animals! She is showing 2 of the three as juniors.

I think your kit will be just fine.... maybe a little spoiled...

What a chub! We had a lonely only once that looked like that. Eventually, I separated him from momma and only put him in with her twice a day for an hour or so. I was afraid he might develop splay leg. He grew up to be the best rabbit we ever bred and became our herd sire. He looked so fat as a kit, but grew up to be a big, meaty buck.

There's a thread about Pudge and his progress and I can find it for you if you want it, but I've posted the link to it fairly recently and you may have already looked at it.

Thank you everyone! I'm actually feeling pretty optimistic about how this one will turn out now. I was really excited about this match to begin with but had gotten pretty worried when I saw that only 1 of the 2 kits was alive when I found them. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Yup, all the well fed babies out of small litters here have turned out really well as adults.

Maybe we should start taking the extras away from promising mums and fostering them off to other mothers so the remaining best ones will be even better? Kinda like the tomato growers who pick off all but one or two blossoms?

Latest posts

Back