Overdue maintenance - whew!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DH had the kids inside (not the nicest of weather - still pretty misty and dreary) so I took advantage and did some overdue maintenance for the rabbits... I had no idea I was out there nearly 4 hours, and am pretty tired and sore now (squeezed into some tight spaces!), but I feel so much better having it all done! The only thing I didn't get done was put tiles in the 3 hanging cages for "resting boards" - I cut the straps on the pack, but forgot to carry them out there. Ah well...

-Cleaned out the cages - lots of pee soaked fur in the corners :sick: plus damp hay on the floor of the cages from all the rain
-Mended 2 cages - one had a corner of the wire bottom broke out, the other the grow outs chewed through the wood on the side...
-Added a hay rack to the last hutch
-Made and added 3 hay racks for the hanging cages
-Cut and added "baby saver" wire to the fronts of 6 of the hutches (well, 6 out of 8 holes between 2 hutches)
-Cleaned out all the existing hay racks to make sure it was all fresh since it's been so damp lately
-The daily feed/water rounds
-Pics taken
-Hanging cages leveled and tightened so they don't wiggle and move as much (this is what did me in! Too many yoga positions involved :lol: )
-New but used feeders cleaned
-Cleaned feeders added to hanging cages and wired in so they can't take them off and throw them around anymore :roll: (I haven't decided if I want to cut holes in the wire yet so I just have them inside the cage for now)

Also got the chickens 5 gallons of water and covered their nasty muddy coop floor with a layer of old, decomposing hay to make a semi-dry "floor" (just a hoop coop on the ground - yesterday they had an inch of standing water thanks to all the rain we've had).

Aaaannnnd... I am spent!

Back