Register

Our newest pet!

A special place for pet owners to discuss their companion rabbits.
BunnyBucks: 21.00

Our newest pet!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Lilsmadhouse » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:51 pm

This is our newest pet! She was rescued today nd since it’s been years since I owned a rabbit, I thought joining this group would help gets us more informed on our little lady. Her name is Joey and I was told she’s 2 yrs. old. She hasn’t been to the vet yet so I don’t know what she weighs or if she’s spayed yet. She’s very sweet and curious. We’ve been sitting on the bed and floor with her and she comes right up to us and sniffs our noses and pokes at our hand like she wants a pet. She tries to nuzzle under your arm too. I’ve been watching for signs of stress, but so far I think she’s doing ok...
A few questions:
any good websites for the general care of rabbits that you all would recommend?

What breed and coloring is she? She has the prettiest cream colored marking and then some grey dots just splashed on her!

Thanks for help!
Attachments
ACEE5B32-6BFE-4CDA-94DF-43EE69DC2ED2.jpeg
ACEE5B32-6BFE-4CDA-94DF-43EE69DC2ED2.jpeg (135.39 KiB) Viewed 214 times
54D8EB81-E0AF-4A16-8908-9054F5930E3B.jpeg
54D8EB81-E0AF-4A16-8908-9054F5930E3B.jpeg (125.66 KiB) Viewed 214 times

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 470.00

Re: Our newest pet!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MeadowView » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:33 pm

She’s beautiful! Looks like a min lop to me based on size, and some sort of tri color. I’m never sure on the exact shades for tris, but she’s definitely a tricolor, so there’s that! For rabbit care, there are vast resources on this site and many others, though I don’t have anything specific for you. I would recommend staying clear of the House Rabbit Society website though, as there’s a lot of general misinformation there that has steered a lot of pet rabbit owners the wrong direction.

Good luck, and welcome to the site!

The following user would like to thank MeadowView for this post
Nymphadora

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,158.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby SableSteel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:28 pm

The color is tricolor (also called black/orange tricolor if you want to be specific)
She looks like a lop mix; closest in appearance to mini lop probably.
I would personally not advice spaying if she isn't already and she's your only rabbit... rabbits don't do very well under anesthesia
Show Breeder & ARBA Judge

The following user would like to thank SableSteel for this post
Lilsmadhouse

2 years of membership2 years of membership
South Africa Female
BunnyBucks: 1,318.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby olafthebunny » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:08 am

she is so cute!!!!
Well besides this website ( :lol: :P ) I would recommend the Colorado House Rabbit Society website, and my sister's rabbity website Little Fluffy Bunnies on weebly.
I also recommend looking into some YouTube channels- the animal community is really big on there! I learned a lot from different videos. I would really recommend Stormy Rabbits, 101Rabbits and Victoria Rachel.
:lol: Good luck with your new little floof!
Equestrian, Rabbit Owner, Author, Artist, Crocheter, and follower of Christ.