Our newest pet!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilsmadhouse

Reaction score
This is our newest pet! She was rescued today nd since it’s been years since I owned a rabbit, I thought joining this group would help gets us more informed on our little lady. Her name is Joey and I was told she’s 2 yrs. old. She hasn’t been to the vet yet so I don’t know what she weighs or if she’s spayed yet. She’s very sweet and curious. We’ve been sitting on the bed and floor with her and she comes right up to us and sniffs our noses and pokes at our hand like she wants a pet. She tries to nuzzle under your arm too. I’ve been watching for signs of stress, but so far I think she’s doing ok...
A few questions:
any good websites for the general care of rabbits that you all would recommend?

What breed and coloring is she? She has the prettiest cream colored marking and then some grey dots just splashed on her!

Thanks for help!

Attachments

• 54D8EB81-E0AF-4A16-8908-9054F5930E3B.jpeg
    54D8EB81-E0AF-4A16-8908-9054F5930E3B.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,264
  • ACEE5B32-6BFE-4CDA-94DF-43EE69DC2ED2.jpeg
    ACEE5B32-6BFE-4CDA-94DF-43EE69DC2ED2.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,264
She’s beautiful! Looks like a min lop to me based on size, and some sort of tri color. I’m never sure on the exact shades for tris, but she’s definitely a tricolor, so there’s that! For rabbit care, there are vast resources on this site and many others, though I don’t have anything specific for you. I would recommend staying clear of the House Rabbit Society website though, as there’s a lot of general misinformation there that has steered a lot of pet rabbit owners the wrong direction.

Good luck, and welcome to the site!

The color is tricolor (also called black/orange tricolor if you want to be specific)
She looks like a lop mix; closest in appearance to mini lop probably.
I would personally not advice spaying if she isn't already and she's your only rabbit... rabbits don't do very well under anesthesia

she is so cute!!!!
Well besides this website ( :lol: :p ) I would recommend the Colorado House Rabbit Society website, and my sister's rabbity website Little Fluffy Bunnies on weebly.
I also recommend looking into some YouTube channels- the animal community is really big on there! I learned a lot from different videos. I would really recommend Stormy Rabbits, 101Rabbits and Victoria Rachel.
:lol: Good luck with your new little floof!

Latest posts

Back