our first litter for 2018

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Casco kindled this morning right on day 31. She's our oldest doe--this is her 4th year of being bred and her 10th litter. Her smallest litter was 7 and her largest 9 which pleases me since I'm aiming for 8. Was a bit worried when she hadn't pulled any fur by the morning feeding--last year her sister was supposed to have our first litter but even though she was only on her 3rd year and it looked like she'd been bred, no kits and none the next time we tried. The kindle today was from a breeding with a young buck, not quite 6 months when he bred her and she was his first doe. Anyway, just glad to have a first litter in a nest box to help me forget about the snow and frozen ground keeping me from getting started on my outdoor work.

To me, it's like seeing the first leaves start poking out of the trees, a sure sign of spring. Congrats!

:congratulations:

Hurray!

And congrats to the successful young buck, as well! I'm going to give ours a try later this month, so I'm on pins and needles to see if he'll get the hang of it quickly. :oops:

Give the mama some extra love from us, she deserves it!

Okay, here they are not quite 48 hours old. I don't often post photos of my rabbits unless I have a question where they'd help since all mine are black and white or shades of grey--not anything fancy. (We still think they're beautiful, but you know how that goes :) )

Attachments

• IMG_2809 (1).jpg
    IMG_2809 (1).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,490
Awww, they're darling, Rainey! :in_love:

I love the blacks and greys, I think they're adorable! That lighter one (blue otter? opal?) looks so shiny!

Latest posts

Back