Orphaned kittens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
I have found myself in the care of 7 newborn kittens. Husbands co-worker found a dead mother cat in his shed with her kittens, he said they was still wet, so probably just born.

Right now I am giving them Nutri-vet with colostrum milk replacer, and of course wiping them after they eat. They are eating around an ounce every 3 hours. Is there anything else I should do for them? Oh they are in a small carrier, with towels and a heating pad.

JessicaR":1whfscuu said:
Right now I am giving them Nutri-vet with colostrum milk replacer

Wow, I had no idea they had colostrum for kittens- but it has been a lo-o-ng time since I handfed any. It sounds like you are doing everything you can for them right now.

When you switch them to KMR, I would add an equal amount of goat milk to the formula. Straight KMR seems to always give them loose stools, but the goat milk firms them up.

There appetite has increased, at least in most of them. They are eating almost 2 cc each feeding! Still haven't got them to poop though, they are peeing though.

Latest posts

Back