Organic feed with soy question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I found that I can get this feed about an hr away. http://coyotecreekfarm.org/mill/feed-products/rabbit/ Bleh it looks like right after I loaded the page their site crashed

When looking through the ingredients I noticed "organic soybean meal". So, my question is can anything soy really be organic? It was my understanding that about 90% is GMO. If up to 90% is gmo isn't cross pollenation a problem with soy? It says it's certified but what do you all think?

I can't give you an answer since certified organic can mean different things in different areas, depending on who make the rules. The company is probably doing the best they can to eliminate GMO soy since they are aiming at a niche market of people who are particular about ingredients. How good their "best" really is could be another matter.

We have a company here in Ontario that produces only certified organic products. I used to use their poultry feed -- it was good quality -- but it was quite expensive and our finances at the time would not allow it, so I quit buying it.

I would ask the company your questions before putting my money down.

Supposedly, non-GMO does not mean organic, but certified organic should mean non-GMO as well.

However, I would ask questions, as Maggie suggested. :)

Back