Optional Package

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Extremely well received.

I'm told.. WOW.. this is worth it!

Very nice to have it.
People like it.

Thanks to.. (OH SHOOT Can't remember who) .. whoever you are for giving me the idea. :)

Much appreciated. Love to give good customer service. :)

My optional package includes
- three day health guarantee
- one slice of rabbit friendly hay
- enough feed for one week
- in season only: rabbit friendly seeds
- page with picture of rabbit, rabbit birth date and name of parents.

I'm just amazed at how well received this has been.

Sounds like a good deal! I especially like the "rabbit friendly seeds", those would be for planting, I assume?

yes, hopefully stuff that grows well in pots, containers and gardens. :) Lettuces are good for that, and basil, thyme and what not.

ladysown":12cq2qfw said:
Thanks to.. (OH SHOOT Can't remember who) .. whoever you are for giving me the idea. :)

It was Bad Habit. :)

Now that I have two LionHead kits to sell and soon Jersey Woolys I need to make up a packet too. One for the meat rabbits would be good also.

MamaSheepdog":21ursyld said:
Now that I have two LionHead kits to sell and soon Jersey Woolys I need to make up a packet too. One for the meat rabbits would be good also.

With meat rabbits you can add a bottle of BBQ. :laugh:

I do like the idea about the optional care package. I think I will look into that when I have pet rabbits for sale.

Demamma":19pbqe6h said:
With meat rabbits you can add a bottle of BBQ. :laugh:

Hahahahahaaaaaa! Too funny! Or maybe Pace Picante Sauce, since rabbit tacos are a favorite here! :dinner:

Of the litter I started this with, 3 have sold with care package, one without. One hasn't sold yet at all. I think I'm going to continue to offer it like that, because either way I'm making the same money per rabbit, just sometimes a bit more for the food stuffs.

My seeds aren't going as in season, they are all things that can be grown in a windowsill over the winter. You won't really get carrots, but the tops are the main thing I feed my bunnies anyway.

---

Okay, 4 out of 5 went for the care package. Three people were excited for the idea of having the care package. The fourth told me she was only taking it for the extended health guarantee. I did advise her that the health guarantee means nothing if she doesn't follow the instructions, so we'll see if she still wants it when she gets here.

Ladysown, are you providing information as to how to germinate/grow the seeds? And I really like your idea of a photo of the rabbit with parents/birthdate... May I steal that idea?

certainly, steal away...I stole your idea :) so it's tit for tat. :)

and no, not providing ideas for germination. I am terrible at growing things indoors but tend to manage okay growing them outside, so mine are seasonal. Get a pot or patch of land and let them grow outside. :)

What are you offering? I can whip something up for you if you want to offer indoor ideas?

Speaking of seeds... I found the letter I thought my dad posted to you about 50 million years ago in his car today :(. I'll send em out myself first thing in the morning, promise!

no issues. :)

I'll be offering carrots, lettuces, and various wild seeds like dandelions, plantain, and such like. I found them easy to grow, so expect others will too. I never got the chicory to grow so won't be offering that.

Carrots, dandelions and leaf lettuce grow well indoors. I would have collected plantain seeds, but my rabbits didn't eat it, so it seemed pointless.

I already have the info typed up for the first three, as well as BOSS and cat grass.

Back