Opal x White Rex babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nymphadora

Reaction score
Good morning!

One of our girls had kits last night (see the latest update in my Popple Watch thread:
http://rabbittalk.com/post323136.html#p323136), and not a single popple looks alike! We got a whole range of colors in this batch.

So now I have a color question regarding our rex babies. Jane is opal (carries otter for sure), and dad was white (broken, agouti, not sure what else he might carry, although my friends’ gotten chins with him before).

There’s two kits (one more obviously than the other) that look like they have shading on the nose and tail, and maybe a bit on the back legs… is this bruising, or do we have a mystery color on our hands?
44.jpg

Sorry for the less-than-stellar photo, it was on my kitchen floor last night after I got home late from work. :oops:

I really don’t know what to expect from this litter, it looks like just about every kit came out just slightly different from every other kit (we’ve got solids, brokens, booted brokens, otters [I think], dilutes, whites)… :in_love:

I'm going to guess that the color your seeing is bruising and that those pink ones are REW. The others, I think the photos colors are off but I think you have at least one opal/blue otter.

We'll be able to get a better idea in a few days.

alforddm":3evzkt61 said:
I'm going to guess that the color your seeing is bruising and that those pink ones are REW. The others, I think the photos colors are off but I think you have at least one opal/blue otter.

We'll be able to get a better idea in a few days.
Thanks, alforddm! :)

I didn't realize bruising would occur on the tails as well (I can only imagine how they must have been squished up in mama...)! And yes, the colors are awful, I'll try to get some better pictures tonight... I was still kind of in shock that there were babies in the nest, and I didn't want to mess with them too much.

Appreciate the help! :D

Latest posts

Back