Old fashion oats?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenl

Reaction score
OK so lots of posts say give rabbits old fashion oats I'm in NZ what are they called in our part of the world? Orbrand? Sorry it seems like an obvious question but I'm just want too make sure I get the correct stuff. Can you feed it too just weaned kits?

OK so lots of posts say give rabbits old fashion oats I'm in NZ what are they called in our part of the world? Orbrand? Sorry it seems like an obvious question but I'm just want too make sure I get the correct stuff. Can you feed it too just weaned kits?

Don't know what it's called where you live, but I've read kitchen oatmeal, rolled oats etc.

Example:
http://www.harraways.co.nz/products/har ... kfast.html

The simple rolled oats, with nothing added or roasted etc.

You can feed it from the beginning, oats are a good addition when they start on solid food. Should be ok for weanlings, oats are very easy to digest, but I still would introduce slowly over a few days.

Not sure as to the name, but I have used it before. I give it plain, about 1/4 cup, or a small handful, per rabbit or per litter. I have given it to three week old, not yet weaned kits with no issues.

when doing small amounts and just using grocery aisle oats...
*rolled oats
**NOT instant oats (powder-y)
*sometimes labeled 'old fashion oats'

As said rolled oats with no flavor added and not the instant cook versions. They are called old fashioned oats by the major brand here. You can also get big bags of rolled oats at many feed stores here that are the same thing just not screened as well for dust and particle size.

Back