Oh...No...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So apparently what I originally thought was 3 does is a doe and 2 bucks. When we first got them I tried to sex them but they were still a bit small so I guessed all three girls but said I would check again soon. So I checked again once later and they were all three very wiggly that day for some reason and I figured 3 girls again but didn't get the best look ever. Today I was wanting to move one of the mommas into what I call the brooder box and move the other momma into the smaller hutch. (The Brooder is like 4x4x3h a normal box is 3x3x3) Not much smaller but the bigger box makes quite a difference when momma has a lot of babies. Well I took the two weaned babies out from momma and brought them inside where the 3 "does" are. I was kinda curious to see if the 3 bigger girls would almost babysit the two smaller, instead I ended up with the black buck attempting to mount the doe while the brown buck was trying to mount the black buck, yes, I was very confused so I picked up the black buck and was, very shocked by what I saw... This girl had the wrong parts. Ok so I have a buck no big deal, I wanted another one anyway. Since hubby was there I handed him the buck and picked up the gray doe and looked and decided well if nothing I guess I got at least 1 out of 3 right.. So I put her back in the cage and took out the brown buck only to discover he too did not have the right parts... I'm not really sure how I messed up. I think I more so guessed because I couldn't get them still at the time. Now I know I need to hold them down better to check and be more sure of myself. My question is.. Is it possible for a 5-6 month rabbit to get pregnant? I don't think she ever lifted and when I looked at her parts they looked pink not sure if that changes anything. But I suppose I need to watch out better. The only reason they were kept together is because they were siblings and because I thought they were girls...

Oh no.. I really hope she isn't pregnant. I swear sometimes it feels like they really do just change gender suddenly. I know it's impossible but jeez lol... My hubby goes "Can they change gender or something, I don't care I still love my bunny" He has took up with the black bunny and the black buck has took up with him it's kinda cute

Back