Oh. My. Gosh

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandits Bunny Farm":2v928u0q said:
It says it was posted 12 days ago, so the kits were probably 4 days old, and it says they'll be ready to sell on 3/21/15....

It is possible that it is an old picture is what I mean. Again, that is what I am hopeing.

If the picture is up to date I'd say they are about March 1st babies that are being sold at 3weeks but I have used old pictures myself. I just posted my guinea pigs without taking new photos. I would get new pictures added in less than 12 days though. Sometimes I just want to get the ad up for now and then when I have time get some new pictures that I can send to people who have already contacted me and replace them in any ad I can. Rabbits can survive on pellets and hay at 3 weeks. I'd never do it on purpose myself but I have had to raise some even a couple days short of 2 weeks without the mother. I soak the pellets in milk for a few days, then water, and then they start eating them dry. Every litter I've had to do that with handled it fine. I just wouldn't do it on purpose and send them off to unknowledgeable homes like that.

cmfarm":2tm2e7aa said:
I doubt they are trying to sell them that young, it is just a cute picture (at least I hope so).

This is the text from the second ad. I reported them both and sent the second one a scathing email.

irresponsible seller said:
8 little ones were born March 6 2015. They are not yet eating rabbit food but will be ready by a week.[\quote]

Grrrrrr

Hmm... wonder why my quotes didn't work :/

Zass":3oeko4sp said:
They probably do sell faster barely weaned....and it's sad to say, but I bet many members of the target market aren't that concerned if they don't survive. :(

Oh I know, it's a disposable society mentality :(
So sad. Those are pretty babies too.

this time of year is when I get emails like "what's the youngest you can take babies from their moms. Can i get one at that age???" I just tell them NO.

Yes, I get a few people every year who want to bottle raise a baby rabbit so it will "bond" with them :angry:

The same line of BS has been in the dog world for YEARS and I regularly see puppies that are 6 weeks, and even 4 weeks old up for sale :groooan: it just makes me sick to my stomach

Ugh!! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:15 am __________ <br /><br /> That being said... I plan to take the rest of my litter to Tractor Supply this coming weekend. The babies no longer look like little babies. They will be about 9 weeks old and I should be able to tell folks that they are 'half grown'. I will feel better about them looking like older babies. It should attract more responsible owners. :)

Latest posts

Back