Oh dear. I shouldn't go away!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
When I bred two of my does I hadn't made plans to go away... Yet.
And it worked out we needed to be away tonight (and for the rest of the weekend) -- due date.

Hubby drives truck and just got home (we are 400 km away) -- to hungry dogs, hungry bunnies... And one litter born.

Of course, hubby has never dealt with any of this kindling stuff and Speedy had a big litter, flipped her nest losing all the materials and leaving babies on wire (and some got stuck). Baby saver wire is on the to do list!!

Needless to say I have a panicked man who didn't count heads as he was too busy cutting them free. I have talked him down, told him to steal fur from Speedy's mom's nest of 10 day olds, take all the babies in and warm them up and keep them in overnight.

I shouldn't laugh but it was kind of funny to hear my calm, quiet husband all in a flutter over the babies. And he was really ticked when I asked about colours!!

This could be a fun weekend of long distance hand holding!

I'm waiting for the morning update!
He finally sent me a pic last night...
image.jpg

I'm guessing the pinks will be pointed white like dad.
One harle.
4 chestnuts, maybe?
(Dam is harle, dad is Cali)

No kidding!
I'm there and they have little litters..
I go away?
Both girls have 12!!

Speedy lost one in the night so she has 11 and Holly had hers overnight and lost one.
So 22 -- I'm glad I separated the dams LOL rather than leave them together!
Hopefully the nurse well as hubby is not feeling up to supplemental feelings!

Back