Offerred $8 for Rex Pelts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
So, I found a local buyer who will buy Rex pelts from me at $8 a piece, any color, dried and fleshed and ready for him to send to be tanned. I'm pretty happy about that, and am looking forward to seeing how it goes. My first litter should hit prime sometime in November between 4 and 5 months, if all goes as planned. I figure having this source for the pelts will at least double what I get per animal.

I've also got a few sources for dog food sales where I think I can get a good price per pound, and I'm looking for storage so I can go in with some people to buy feed and hay by the ton to reduce feed costs. I have a feeling that if it goes well I may be wanting more Rex instead of Angoras. Why is decision making always so hard!

Now, I have a lot of learning to do with this litter in regards to keeping a Rex coat nice and getting it to prime!

I've been doing Rex for about 1 1/2 yrs now and have learned a ton about the care of their fur (although I'm still learning!) and some tips, use Fiber 3 by Purina, it keeps them from shedding because of the lower protein. Use either a VERY fine hacksaw blade or a special grooming stone (available at shows) to get the dead hairs out. Feed wheat germ.

Latest posts

Back