Of possible interest to those who can!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":2o0ibefk said:
Now I just have to learn how to can! :razz:

I started canning more than just jam last year, and I will never look back. It is a wonderful thing to know and keeps the freezer open for more stuff.

I got some of these, thanks!! They are gonna be great, they have a lip that helps hold the ring in place, so I don't think they will be too big of a PITA!

Now, we need some recipes for canned rabbit, just to close the loop here. Not that I am a teriffic fan of canned meat, but I am already picturing bunny broth and meat bits for casseroles maybe?

Keep us posted, Eco2pia! I really want to learn how to can. First I have to figure out if I have the right kind of pressure cooker.

Canning rabbit and broth would be great, so there would be meat and broth for emergency use as well as everyday. <==hurricane territory, here... looks like we'll be having a tropical depression tomorrow...

pressure cookers don't have a gauge usually. You need a canner with a gauge on top for meat/non-acid canning. Save the pressure cooker for soups and stews. I know the old-timers would do all kinds of nutty things to can, but some of them died young, too. Presto makes a great, easy to use canner that comes with instructions. Do yourself a favor and buy one. It's worth it, I promise.

Back