Nutrena Nature Wise feed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are using a Pelleted rabbit feed
and your rabbits are eating it and prospering,
then the brand name does not really matter.
Whatever feed you choose you will find that in time you will end up
culling your herd to your feed. That is you will be retaining
those rabbits which do well on that particular feed.
I would not change feeds unless there appears a problem
associated with that particular feed.
As always, just MPO.
Ottersatin.

Otter, I'm actually not using anything right now because I haven't begun raising and showing rabbits again. That's on the horizon, but has not come of age yet.

I had almost my mind made up to use Professional Formula Purina AdvantEdge, but thought differently of it when I got the latest copy of Domestic Rabbits and saw the Nutrena ad. I can get the Nutrena from a dealer which is located a bit closer to where I live, too.

On the flip side, the only feedback I got about the Purina feed when I asked about it on here was from one person in Canada who had nothing really positive to say about it. Other than that, the people at the last show I attended said they've encountered problems with Purina feeds in the past and had given up on them. Professional formula was the only Purina feed they had anything good to say about.

At this time, it's a coin toss, but I really like what I'm hearing about Nutrena's product so far.

Billy,
the problem is not always with the feed,
sometimes the problem lies with the plant processing/delivering the feed.
If the machines are not cleaned/cleared out properly after each preparation
particles from the last feed produced may remain and become mixed with
the next batch of Rabbit feed. If you are in a different area of the country
the same feed which they are displeased with for another
may work just fine for you. I would ask some of the producers/breeders
in your neck of the woods what feed they are using/prefer.
Ottersatin.

Otter, it makes sense. Since I'm going to the state fair judging this coming Sunday, I'll probably use it as an opportunity to do so.

Latest posts

Back