Now what? 6 of 8 kits are GIRLS!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
and I want to keep them all! and Runt2, the pet of the group, is a BOY! :help:

I do need to sell them, tho. Now that I have sexes and pictures, I'll put them up for sale in a couple of places. <sigh> Anyone want a fiber bunny?

I thought I was just bad at the sexing thing, but then I did Runt and up pops his little "donut" and well..there ya go! I'll have to check them in another week and see if anything changes.

When looking at it statistically, it does work out within norms. 1 doe, 3females, 1 male. Doe2, 3females 1 male. And BOTH Himmies are girls. I think. The black or darker eared/nosed one is VERY active and NOT happy about being upside down so I have to be fairly quick.

They also got their little teeth checked and I'm happy to report that they all have teeth. And in the right place and going the proper directions :)

wow - lots of folks would be thrilled with does ... stats are so funny

teeth are important - glad they are all going the right way :)

I think most people would be delighted to have 3:1 in favour of does. You'll probably end up selling some and keeping some. I know you are concerned about the bunnies' welfare in new homes - and rightly so - but for the Angoras a home with a fibre person should be pretty safe.

Just a tip on flipping bunnies for sexing. If you do it so the head is lower than the feet, they struggle less. I flip mine so the head goes into the crook of my left arm and then I elevate my left hand a bit so the head is lower. I restrain the kit's legs with my left hand and expose the genitals with the right. I still get scratched but at least the buns don't get quite so freaked out.

oh, I'm VERY happy that they're girls. :D but...the problem is I wanted to keep a girl, and sell the rest. I was um kind of hoping, um...well...that there would only be 1 girl so I wouldn't have to choose!

But, I know it will be easier most likely to sell does, so...that's cool. AND if necessary, I can keep the does together without worrying about them being bred or fighting. so....

but dang. Maybe I won't choose...I'll just sell them all and start again in the spring.

I suspect, if I keep one, it will be one of the Himmies. The bigger one with the dark ears/nose. hmm..I suppose I could keep her, breed her to chuck (himmy) and raise all himmies. :D

thanks for the tip on sexing. I do put them in the crook of my arm, but I didn't know about holding heads a bit lower. MOST of them do just quiet down, but that 1....wow...she was the most squiggly of the whole bunch from day one. Doing backflips to get out of my hands...hehe...just an acrobat.

I must say I kind of like never choosing the animals that stay here but rather having them choose us ... I need to rehome some of the rabbits and am having a terrible deciding who should stay and who should go .. can't imagine rehoming the babies ...yet - hopefully that will change as they grow but at nearly 3 weeks old they are ADORABLE

Oooh, that sounds wonderful to me! I actually came over to rabbittalk to read more about fiber rabbits. (Much smaller than angora goats too!) Do you actually still have any for sale?

Oh yes. I haven't offered any of them to anyone yet. There are 2 himmys (white with black ear tips and nose)..both girls I THINK, and 5 black kits. one with a white foot up front (boy) and I THINK the solid blacks (they fade to gray as the coat grows) are 1boy and 3 girls.

I'm South of Madison, and they can go to a new home in maybe 3 weeks. They were born November 18th.

You actually may not be too far from me then. We're near Fitchburg.

I'm not in a rush since we're getting a pair of Nankin banty hens next week so I'm getting the rest of their set up finished this weekend. LMK. :D

LOL! Super Target, drive-thru Starbucks, or the big Castle Park? Okay, okay, the park is covered in snow, but it's a good place to cross country ski right about now! See, the world IS small! LOL! I lurve that Starbucks drive-thru! They give my kids cups of whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles for their "coffee."

Car parts... car parts... well, I go to Farm & Fleet in Verona myself because they have everything, but I think there's a place off of PD and Verona or somewhere thereabouts but folks prolly shop at Super Target for some basic stuff and there's a place we pass when I go pick up eggs from our "chicken lady" (seriously, the woman has 40 chickens in her backyard!).

Anntann":9efl3n2w said:
oh, I'm VERY happy that they're girls. :D but...the problem is I wanted to keep a girl, and sell the rest. I was um kind of hoping, um...well...that there would only be 1 girl so I wouldn't have to choose!

But, I know it will be easier most likely to sell does, so...that's cool. AND if necessary, I can keep the does together without worrying about them being bred or fighting. so....

but dang. Maybe I won't choose...I'll just sell them all and start again in the spring.

I suspect, if I keep one, it will be one of the Himmies. The bigger one with the dark ears/nose. hmm..I suppose I could keep her, breed her to chuck (himmy) and raise all himmies. :D

thanks for the tip on sexing. I do put them in the crook of my arm, but I didn't know about holding heads a bit lower. MOST of them do just quiet down, but that 1....wow...she was the most squiggly of the whole bunch from day one. Doing backflips to get out of my hands...hehe...just an acrobat.

Heh, You know they are all just too cute....and you will want to see how each matures.

No problem....

Build more cages :D

avdpas77":orijbaqc said:
Heh, You know they are all just too cute....and you will want to see how each matures.

No problem....

Build more cages :D
heh ;) YOU are no help :razz2:

but you're right, of course. I just did some grooming, and they're all just so dang cute. All different, although it doesn't show well on the photos. One girl (huge girl) has more guard hairs showing up, but her wool is...SILVER. Quite bright. Another one is just a PUFF BALL (that is one of the boys). VERY English in his wool. so I should keep HIM because of his wool. Another girl is a buff ball and WHITE! so of course she's a keeper...as is her white sister because of the LENGTH of wool..and the white again. Must keep White so I can have COLORS with DYE!!

oh geez. I'm doomed.

Look at it this way...Klubertanz ia just a small family business....

Think of how you will be helping to build America :D

Back